Local Government

  • Milton Parish Council
    grass cutting, cemetery, mobile warden, allotments, playing fields (through MCC), bus shelters, litter collection, christmas lights, war memorial, play equipment, youth clubs, commenting to planning applications
  • South Cambridgeshire District Council
    planning applications, building control, refuse collection, street cleaning, council housing, environmental health, council tax collection

  • Cambridgeshire County Council
    education, roads - see here (Adobe/PDF, 39KB) - (except trunk roads such as the A14, which come under the Highways Agency), to report faulty street lights go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/lights/streetlighting, trading standards, libraries, social services, waste and recycling, rights of way, buses.

    Who does what? Whom should you contact if there is a problem to do with roads? See here (Adobe/PDF, 39KB).

    How can you communicate with Cambridgeshire Highways?
    We are encouraging all our customers to contact us via email as much as possible as this means that your service request or feedback will be electronically logged and then distributed to the most appropriate member of the partnership who will then be expected to respond within 10 working days in line with the response standards set by the County Council.
    We encourage contact by email as staff are often out of the office for long periods of the day and therefore are often not available to take calls. However, if you need to call Cambridgeshire Highways, we can be contacted via the County Council's contact centre on 0845 045 5212.
    Our email address is When we respond you should expect the response to set out: o what action is being taken (if any) o if we decide that no action is required, the reason why o the timescale for any work actioned to be completed
    Where is Cambridgeshire Highways located? For South Cambridgeshire and Cambridge City: Station Road, Whittlesford, Cambs. CB22 4NL.

  • James Paice MP
    MP for South East Cambridgeshire and Shadow Minister for agriculture, fisheries and food for the Conservative Party
  • The whole area comes under the Euro constituency of East of England and we have seven MEPs representing us.
    These are: